Credibility is an essential ingredient for every one of us who want to build trust and influence. Being a relevant leader is a balance between credibility and reliability.
Here are 5 simple ways to build credibility.
- Highlight Your Past Experience & Qualifications.
– People are looking for signs that you know what you are talking about and that you are a proven entity. Highlighting your past experience lends credibility and substance to your opinions and beliefs.
- Display How Much You Care
– The old adage is true – “People don’t care how much you know until they know how much you care.” When we feel others have our best interest in mind, we buy into them more.
- Demonstrate Similarities
– People like others who are similar to them. We tend to trust people who are similar to us. Shared values, similar dress, body language or speaking style can make you feel more familiar and therefore more accepted.
- Appear Assertive
– Studies show that people who quickly express their opinion and can counteract opposing arguments, are viewed as experts. Assertive is the middle ground between passive and aggressive and it is the sweet spot for credibility.
- Gain Social Proof
– When other credible people recommend you or introduce you, they lend their credibility and make you less suspicious and easier to buy into. In essence you are riding on their coat tails but that is why testimonials and endorsements are so vital – they extend your credibility quickly.
How can you boost your credibility?
copyright © 2018 cmi speaker management