Keynote: Off Balance On Purpose
Dan Thurmon believes the reason that people struggle with change is they think they have to compartmentalize their life and keep everything in balance. What if we lived Off Balance on Purpose? What if instead of resisting uncertainty, we leaned into it? And what if rather than bringing our “work-self” to the office, we brought 100% of who we are?
In this keynote, Dan excites his audience with an interactive performance while giving them a multi-dimensional view of success. He doesn’t stand Behind a podium and Talk about dealing with fear and change – he does handstands On the podium to Demonstrate what being uncomfortable and living off balance on purpose actually looks like. Your audience will talk about this presentation for years to come!
As a result of attending this program attendees will:
• Learn to take ACTION when it is uncomfortable.
• Manage energy and time more effectively.
• Adopt an Off Balance On Purpose approach as a realistic and empowering way to excel at work and life.
WORKSHOP: Off Balance on Purpose in Practice
“Change is hard. Motivation is only valuable if there is ACTION that creates change. That is why I created this workshop – to help you deliver real change for your teams.” Dan Thurmon
Enhancing personal performance is the new corporate strategy. Adding this workshop to Dan’s keynote on the same day will reinforce and solidify this year's goals for your organization.
Perform - Ability
It isn’t really possible to “always be at your best because every moment counts” - some moments count much more than others. That’s why it’s more important to be your best When It Matters The Most.
In this keynote, peak performance speaker Dan Thurmon explores the reasons why some individuals fail under pressure, and why others seem to naturally rise to handle critical moments with ease and excellence. This isn’t an innate talent – it’s an ability that can be learned and mastered. Dan calls it “Perform-Ability.”
The key to being able to “perform,” or deliver excellence when it matters the most, is to prepare properly and understand the mindset and methods of top performers. Dan demonstrates these concepts in his signature high-impact style that includes juggling, acrobatics, and even a unicycle. Audiences leave this unforgettable session armed with new tools and the enthusiasm to tackle their biggest challenges.
As a result of attending this program attendees will:
- Understand the three aspects of an effective performance.
- Recognize critical moments to perform and rise to the occasion.
- Adopt the mindset and methods of peak performers.
- More rewarding experiences for team members and clients.
Off Balance In Action
Why Balance is the Wrong Goal
Slowing Down to Accelerate
Behind the Scenes
The Measure of Your Influence
Dan Thurmon is the author of two books, a renowned speaker, and a recognized expert in delivering peak performances – on stage and in the workplace. As president of Motivation Works, Inc., he has worked with hundreds of clients and delivered thousands of presentations worldwide. Dan helps organizations and individuals implement actions plans and move confidently through transitions.
He began his performance career at eleven years old, crafting a one-man-show incorporating comedy, juggling and acrobatics. This enabled him to, at a very early age, develop a strong work ethic and learn fundamental lessons about performance excellence. Dan graduated from the University of Georgia with a degree in Marketing and Management. He has also extensively studied Personal Development and developed a unique methodology he teaches to audiences and clients.
A recent inductee to the prestigious “Speakers Hall of Fame,” Dan Thurmon delivers experiences that go beyond motivation, teaching concepts and skills in a highly engaging and entertaining manner. He incorporates his lifelong performance skills to create high impact events. His programs have educated and uplifted Fortune 500 companies, young audiences, and even the troops on the front lines of Afghanistan and Iraq.
Dan’s philosophy can be summarized by the title of his book, Off Balance On Purpose. He believes that we will never achieve “perfect balance” and should, instead, learn to embrace uncertainty and initiate positive changes that lead to growth. Also, we should go beyond the pursuit of “success” and enhance our life experiences and professional endeavours with purposeful, positive contributions.
Dan Thurmon - Reviews
Dan Thurmon Introduction
Dan Thurmon is the author of two books, a Hall of Fame speaker, and a recognized expert in delivering peak performances, on stage and in the workplace.
He has delivered thousands of presentations across six continents for business leaders, TEDx Talks, troops on the front lines, and he’s even performed for royalty.
Dan’s philosophy can be summarized by the title of his book, Off Balance On Purpose. He believes that we will never achieve “perfect balance” and should, instead, learn to embrace uncertainty and initiate positive changes that lead to growth.
So, ladies and gentlemen, get ready to expand your thinking, sharpen your focus, and have some fun. Please help me welcome,
Dan Thurmon Technical Requirements
In order for Dan to deliver the highest quality presentation, we ask that you coordinate with the venue to provide the following items. This will ensure that Dan is able to have the maximum impact and perform all of his physical demonstrations.
- Please provide a riser (stage) measuring 12 feet deep by 32 feet wide, preferably set on the longer side of a rectangular room. The riser ensures safety and visibility for Dan’s tumbling entrance and other demonstrations.
- Wireless lavaliere microphone (Dan travels with his own Countryman E6 headset, which will plug into your lavaliere system).
- Music playback capability. Please provide an IPod connection (1/8 inch mini cable) OR Dan can bring his music on a portable drive for your audio technician.
- Hollow lectern, suitable for the storage of Dan’s props.
- Because of the juggling stunts, it is ideal to have a ceiling height of at least 12 feet.
- Dan will need to trigger a blackout (all lights completely out) at one point during his presentation. He can do this himself if the controls are within reach, or Dan will need someone to turn the lights off on his cue.
- Please set the first row of chairs no more than six feet from the front of the stage.
- In certain presentations, Dan may wish to include video or slides. He can do this from his laptop or provide the files for your technician.
Follow Dan Thurmon
copyright © 2018 cmi speaker management