The “What If…?” Experience
The “What If…?” Experience is Mike’s transformational, hilarious keynote presentation. In it Mike uses his amazing guitar work and hilarious comedy as a metaphor, to illustrate three tools designed to turn your team into an army of innovators with the peak performance skills to transcend the status quo to stop managing change, and lead by creating change. Oh… and they’ll laugh so hard it hurts!
Every major invention, accomplishment and victory in human history began with the simple, almost childlike curiosity of a “What If…?” question. So, why isn’t your team asking this daily? And what if they were? After Mike’s presentation your team will look at problems and impossibilities and instead of turning away, they’ll instead ask, “What if we could? I know we can’t, but what if WE could?” They will set inspirational goals, perform like virtuosos, and achieve transformational results because of it.
Your Audience Will Learn:
- Three simple, powerful, tools you can use immediately and forever to access your gold mine of unrealized potential; the tools which took Mike from playing bars to Carnegie Hall.
- That managing change is not only stupid, it’s dangerous; you’ll learn how to stop managing change and start creating change; how to define the curve rather than follow it.
- The most powerful motivational force on this planet. (Hint… it is not power, sex, money, or fame).
Creating Something New from an Existing Idea
What If Keynote Promo
Creating Something New from an Existing Idea
What If Keynote Promo
About Mike Rayburn
Mike Rayburn’s personal, business and career mission is simple: Transform communities. Whether that community is a business audience, an association, enrollees in his “What If…?” keynote experience, impoverished people world wide, or the lost in his hometown of Las Vegas, Mike’s daily efforts and life work are dedicated to transforming communities.
Mike does this most often with his “What If…?” keynote presentations and breakouts, where he uses world-class guitar and hilarious comedy to teach the three simple, powerful tools which took him from playing empty bars, to headlining Carnegie Hall (eight times!). They work for anyone. And everyone. Always.
When organizations need innovation and peak performance, where do they go? Usually it’s to business leaders, authors, or famous sports figures. Rarely do they go to artists! Yet for artists, creativity, innovation and peak performance are their life blood! Being a mega-successful artist, as well as a savvy entrepreneur and business owner, Mike Rayburn is uniquely qualified to teach artistic principles in a business context, to give businesses and organizations the edge they so desperately need to innovate and perform at peak “virtuoso” levels… and thus transform their success and significance.
The measure of any speaker is the results they produce. Mike is consistently cited as “the hit of the conference,” and “what we needed and didn’t even know it.” More importantly, businesses regularly attribute significant, sometimes exponential increases in sales, impact and morale to the application of Mike’s keynote tools and breakout session content.
Mike Rayburn - Reviews
Mike Rayburn Introduction
Mike Rayburn is a two-time TED Talker, he has headlined on the strip in Las Vegas, and received standing ovations at all eight of his performances at Carnegie Hall.
Please welcome Mike Rayburn!
Mike Rayburn Print-Ready Bio/Keynote summary
Mike Rayburn is a two-time TED Talk Presenter, an innovative entrepreneur and Hall of Fame speaker who uses world-class guitar and comedy to teach change and innovation to corporations world-wide. He has headlined Carnegie Hall, headlined in Las Vegas, and performed more than 5,000 presentations in 20 countries on five continents. Rayburn is a regular on Sirius/XM and morning radio nationwide. He has performed as guitarist with The Beach Boys and John Oates. Rayburn’s keynote is called “The What IF? Keynote Experience.” You will learn three simple tools for harnessing your unrealized potential, creating and leading change, and becoming a virtuoso performer. You’ll hear amazing music including a solo guitar version of Bohemian Rhapsody.
Oh, and you laugh a LOT! No one does what Mike Rayburn does.
Mike Rayburn - What If? Keynote (for your event brochure/agenda)
Every major invention, accomplishment and victory in human history began with the simple, almost childlike curiosity of a “What If…?” question - “What if we could? I know we can’t, but what if we could?” International keynote artist, Mike Rayburn, will share three simple, powerful tools which took him from playing empty bars, to headlining Carnegie Hall (eight times!). They work for anyone. And everyone. Always.
Mike Rayburn Technical Requirements
Mike Rayburn’s goal is to deliver the absolute best presentation possible and be the least of your worries! He is easy-to-work-with and will be as flexible as possible in working out details on site. What follows are the general, sound, lighting and staging requirements necessary to make Rayburn’s presentation and your event amazing.
• No podium is required. Please ensure it is off stage right or left.
• Rayburn does not ever perform during meals, while people are eating, socializing or otherwise distracted.
•IMAG is not required. If you do provide IMAG, ideal placement should be to either side of stage without obstruction.
• As you prepare for Mike’s performance it might be helpful to view a previous performance. Click here to view a full-length version of Mike’s performance here.
Please note: Mike tailors every performance and his material may vary. This recording is intended only to aid in your general planning process.
• Video-taping of Rayburn’s performance can be done for internal and archival use. We require a hi-res digital copy of the video-taping. A separate Taping Agreement needs to be authorized.
• After reading everything below, if you have questions, please call Mike’s team toll free at 1-877-307-7403.
1. System: Please provide one professional-quality sound system with EXTERNAL speakers, (in-house ceiling speakers are not acceptable without approval from Rayburn) which will adequately cover the performance area and project well to the number of people at your event, keeping in mind that Rayburn’s presentation includes his live guitar and vocals as well as speaking. We assume each channel will have level and EQ controls. Revised August 29, 2017 2
2. Vocal Microphone: If you can supply a Countryman E6 headset microphone with “one-ear set-up” (two-ear “behind the neck” configurations are not acceptable), Mike is glad to use yours. Please provide two professional quality 9V batteries for wireless unit. Just in case, Mike will bring his own E6 with Lectrosonics UM-100 wireless unit.
4. Guitar: Please provide one (1) direct Box and two (2) AC power outlets down center stage. Rayburn will bring a small guitar effects pedal board with a 1/4” output.
5. Foot Microphone: Please provide one Shure SM58 microphone or comparable (wired or wireless) placed down, center stage (no mic stand necessary), and some gaffers (or duct) tape. (SM57 won’t work because of the loose mic head). Rayburn will tape a towel thickly around this mic and tap on it with his foot to put a beat underneath his guitar playing. Usually for EQ on this channel we cut out all the highs and mids and leave the low end flat. The goal is to create a heartbeat “thud” sound rather than a kick drum.
Rayburn will use a total of 3 inputs as follows:
• one for his vocal wireless
• one for his guitar
• one for the above requested SM58
Mike plays in a number of different settings with varying possibilities for lighting, so we will give you a general description of what he needs. The stage must be lit better and differently than the rest of the room.
• If theater lighting is possible Rayburn needs a nice general wash in the middle 1/3 of the stage.
• In theater/larger production settings, along with a general wash, any changing or moving lights must be subtle, not distracting from the comedic presentation. Revised August 29, 2017 3
• Front lighting is crucial as Rayburn’s performance is comedic and expressive, thus his facial expressions must be very visible.
• In ballrooms or similar, where lighting possibilities are limited, the key is to light the stage area well to help define the situation that this is a show and performance.
• If possible the audience should be about 75-90% dark.
• Be sure to light Rayburn from both sides so as not to cast shadows on one side.
• In ballroom settings, a minimum of four cans (two on each side) trained on Rayburn is required.
As stated above, Rayburn plays in many different situations ranging from fine theaters to hotel ballrooms, meeting rooms, make-shift stages, multi-purpose rooms and schools. We will address all situations in terms of Mike’s minimum requirements but as always, the better the staging the better the program.
• Please provide at least an 8’X 12′ or larger stage or riser appropriate for the room, audience, and situation.
• If the stage is made of portable sections please make sure it does not squeak or move when walked on, especially at down, center stage.
• PLEASE HAVE THE AUDIENCE AS CLOSE TO THE STAGE AS POSSIBLE. Closer proximity facilitates better connection between performer and audience and thus, a better show.
• Have this program in the smallest room that will comfortably accommodate the number of attendees you expect. The less empty space in the room the better the energy and connection and again, the better the show will be.
• IMAG is not required. If you do provide IMAG, ideal placement should be to either side of stage without obstruction.
Please call Mike’s team with any questions - toll free 1-877-307-7403. Thanks so much!
Checklist from above…Rayburn needs:
_______ One professional quality sound system with EXTERNAL SPEAKERS
_______ One Countryman E6 one-ear headset wireless microphone AND two 9V batteries.
_______ One direct box for guitar 1/4” input, placed down, center stage
_______ AC power outlet near down, center stage
_______ One SM58 microphone placed down, center stage
_______ For audiences of 250 or more, IMAG is recommended
_______ One roll gaffers (or duct) tape
_______ 8’ x 12’ or larger stage or riser
_______ PLEASE HAVE THE AUDIENCE AS CLOSE TO THE STAGE AS POSSIBLE
Watch the interview below on ABC Channel 9 with Nascentia Health about their upcoming Mike Rayburn event!
Follow Mike Rayburn
copyright © 2018 cmi speaker management