Sports Elite | Business Excellence | Humanitarian
Top organizations, and individuals, are on the constant lookout for ways to get even better at what they do. Cary Mullen, has done ‘anything’ but tiptoe through life. As a two-time Olympian, and World Cup Champion, he has traveled the globe and lived on the edge as a competitive ski racer.
Cary has spent more than 20 years studying the success strategies of high performers. On his way to becoming a World Champion, Cary experienced the upper echelon of success, and what it takes to climb out of the depths of adversity. In his 11 years as a leader on the National Ski Team, Cary persevered through 3 near fatal crashes that left him with double vision and memory loss, to finally regain 100% health.
When you combine his athletic accomplishments with his successful business background as a serial entrepreneur and published author, it’s easy to see why Cary is a recognized expert on winning. As a former Sales and General Manager for Dale Carnegie Training, Cary has consulted with many international corporations to help them achieve better results. As an entrepreneur at heart, Cary has founded many business ventures, including a thriving real estate investment company and a resort development company based in Puerto Escondido, Mexico . As President, Cary leads a team of over 300 people. He understands today’s competitive marketplace and the challenges of top leaders and sales teams. His firm is currently building over 200 condominiums on the ocean in Mexico.
Cary Mullen is the author of “HOW to WIN”- Achieving Your Goals in Extreme Conditions. Since retiring from sport he has expanded his real estate development company internationally.
Cary is also a philanthropist. He started and funds a foundation that supports an orphanage in Mexico plus one for children in sports. He also started a foundation that is the main funding source of a turtle sanctuary that in the past 4 years has rescued and released over 180,000 baby sea turtles.
Through his keynote presentations and training sessions, Cary shares what it takes to win in a highly competitive market. His global perspective is enhanced by his former partnership with the world leader in business training. As past General Manager of Dale Carnegie Training, Cary knows how to deliver a compelling message that is relevant to a variety of industries and organizations.
Cary Mullen is an internationally recognized sports personality, keynote speaker and business leader.
Cary is both a highly motivated and accomplished athlete. Early in his career, he trained as a Nationally carded gymnast while simultaneously competing in ski racing. In total, Cary has spent over two decades competing in professional sport. As a born leader, Cary was the team leader of the National Ski Team for over a decade. Since retiring from professional sport, he continues to train on a daily basis to maintain his high level of fitness.
During his 20 years in professional sport, he discovered that there are five Winning Secrets™ that all top performers use to win. Cary Defines “Winning” as “Achieving the Results You desire”. Cary now helps others take a journey outside of their everyday to a front row seat in a quest for excellence in another field. And from that, audience members are able to draw parallels back to their own quest for excellence in their professional and personal life. The world of professional sport comes to life through his gripping stories, as he shares how to incorporate the secrets of training and ritual that improves the results people can achieve in any area of their life.
- World Cup Downhill Champion
- World Downhill Speed Record Holder – 97 mph (151 km/h) in Kitzbuhel Austria
- Member of the Olympic Hall of Fame
- Two-Time Olympian
- Two-Time U.S. Champion
- Four-Time North American Champion
- Leader of the National Ski Team for over a decade
Giving Back – Character of a Champion Awards™
Every year, the Character Awards recognize young athletes who display the Character of a Champion. These are defined by the 4 C’s of Courage, Commitment, Confidence, and Camaraderie. Cary believes that displaying these enduring characteristics enables the youth of today to become respected leaders and Champions of tomorrow. For information, to make a donation, or to nominate an athlete for the Character of a Champion Awards™ email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Cary in Business
- VIVO Resorts Oceanfront Properties – CEO & President
- Dale Carnegie Training – Past General Manager, Sales Manager & Facilitator
- Voted One of the Hottest Speakers of the Year by Successful Meetings Magazine
- Author of HOW to WIN
- Founder of the HOW to WIN Success System™
Former board member for:
- Alpine Canada and the Canadian Ski Team
- The National High Performance Advisory Committee
- O.D.A. – Calgary Olympic Development Association
- Chestermere City Recreation Center Planning
The Five Winning Secrets (Olympic KPIs)
- Pick Your Line:This is vision with a decision. Look at the obstacles, the opportunities and the lay of the land then decide, “This is what I am going for.”
- Lunge Forward:This is stepping outside of our comfort zone and Lunging Forward into change. It is doing the things we might be hesitating on and the things that our competitors aren’t willing to do. Reactions to fear are natural. Responses to fear are controllable and trainable. Cary’s 4 step IDLE Formula for taking on challenges and change is a valuable resource for today’s audiences.
- Be Resilient:Top producers don’t get knocked down any less in life; they just get back up faster. We don’t need redundant persistence but adaptable persistence to overcome adversity to triumph. Cary’s stories of overcoming a concussion that left him with memory loss whereby he couldn’t remember the alphabet to finally regain 100% health is an example of such resilience.
- Teamwork Wins:This is a philosophy that makes winning faster, easier and more enjoyable. Cary was in an individual sport yet as he rose through the ranks he realized that it is a team sport. Embracing this philosophy opens up sales teams to share best practices and leapfrog one another to new heights.
- Winning Process:Preparation, Execution, Assessment and Rejuvenation – this is a cycle of improvement which world class athletes follow that guarantees improved performance and enhanced results. It is repeatable and deliberate.